Do you need chimney repairs?
We can repair most chimneys, no matter if weather, age, or sudden occurrence damages your chimney. We tuckpoint, rebuild, replace, and reline chimneys serving wood, gas, and oil-burning appliances.
Often, doing a small repair now can help prevent more extensive and costly damage to your chimney in the years to come.
We perform the following repairs:
- Crown repair
- Flashing repair/replacement
- Chimney rebuilds
- Chimney water repellent
- Chimney relines
- Interior liner resurfacing
- Chimney replacement
- Rain covers/Animal guards
- Class A stainless steel chimneys
- New construction/installation
- Fireplace damper replacement
- Ahren-fire fireplace installation
- Wood burning appliance installation & removal
What is chimney relining?
We can line or reline virtually any masonry chimney. An undamaged, continuous chimney liner with no cracks or voids is your first line of defense in preventing harmful substances (carbon monoxide, sulfuric acid, creosote, soot and smoke) from entering your house or building.
Our replacement stainless steel chimney liners:
- Are sized to vent your heating appliance
- Prevent damage to your chimney and surrounding building structures
- Increase safety and efficiency of your heating systems
- Increase your peace of mind
- Have a limited, transferable lifetime warranty against chimney fire and corrosion*
- Increase home resale value
*Maintaining your warranty requires an annual cleaning and inspection performed by a technician certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America. All Black Goose technicians are CSIA-certified.
- A Sidewalk Estimate is an examination of a chimney from the ground only. It is not an in-depth inspection. It does not include going on the roof. It is meant to give a preliminary repair estimate.
- It takes about 15 minutes.
- It has limitations and may give an incomplete report of the extent and cause of damage in the chimney.
- The client must be present for Sidewalk Estimate.
- Sidewalk Estimates are free and are done within a 20 mile radius of downtown Duluth, excluding Two Harbors, Cloquet, Carlton, and South Range.
- A Sidewalk Estimate cannot be done for some types of chimney reline estimates, Heat Shield estimates, and any repairs that require a chimney interior inspection or service call.
- For very minor repairs
- For any time the technician has to go on the roof for a repair estimate or very minor repair.
- For consultations
- A service call is charged at the current rate.